Dr. SAPNA NEHRA
Ph.D., M.Sc., B.Sc.
- Area of Interests: Synthesis of polymeric beads, metal oxide nanoadsorbents and largely focus on understanding of interaction mechanism with toxic contaminant present in water. Additionally working on Environmental pollution: Removal of toxic constituents like fluoride and other heavy metal by using porous nanocomposites, integrated nanofiltration membrane.
- Brief Profile: Dr. Sapna joined Dr. K. N. Modi University, Tonk, India of January 20, 2020. She did Ph.D. from Department of Chemistry, Banasthali Vidyapith, India in 2020. She completed M.Sc. in Chemistry from Banasthali Vidyapith, India in 2014. Dr. Nehra has published her research work in well-reputed journals like Environmental Pollution, Journal of Chemical Engineering Data, Environmental Nanotechnology, Monitoring & Management, Journal of Environmental Sciences, Surfaces and Interfaces, ACS Omega, Journal of Molecular Liquids, Process Safety, and Environmental Protection, Chemical Engineering Journal etc. She has published several book chapters in different field of research in international press like New York: Jenny Stanford Publishing Elsevier, Wiley–VCH Publisher, USA NOVA Science Publishers, and Springer Nature etc. She has also made several paper presentations at international and national conferences. Currently she is mentoring M.Sc. Chemistry students in dissertations. Also looking for outstanding and highly motivated students to join the research group.
Cumulative Research Publications
Research Papers (10)
- Sapna Nehra, Sapna Raghav, and Dinesh Kumar. Biomaterial Functionalized Cerium Nanocomposite for Removal of Fluoride using Central Composite Design Optimization Study. Environmental Pollution, 2020, 258, pp. 113773. (IF=6.792)
- Sapna Nehra, Manjula Nair, and Dinesh Kumar. Hydrothermally Shape-Controlled Synthesis of TiO2/Graphene for Fluoride Adsorption Studies. Journal of Chemical Engineering Data, 2019, 64, pp. 5373–5384. (IF=2.396)
- Sapna Nehra, Sapna Raghav, and Dinesh Kumar. Rod–shaped Ca Zn@Chitin Composite for Fluoride Removal Studies by Adsorption and Statistical Experiments, Environmental Nanotechnology, Monitoring & Management, 2019, 12, pp. 100264. (IF=5.4)
- Sapna Nehra, Ankita Dhillon, and Dinesh Kumar. Freeze–dried synthesized bifunctional biopolymer nanocomposite for efficient fluoride removal and antibacterial activity, Journal of Environmental Sciences, 2020, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jes.2020.03.047. (IF=4.302)
- Sapna, Sapna Raghav, Manjula Nair, and Dinesh Kumar. Trimetallic oxide entrapped in alginate polymeric matrix employed for adsorption studies of fluoride. Surfaces and Interfaces, 2018, 13, pp.112–132. (IF=3.724)
- Sapna Raghav, Sapna, and Dinesh Kumar, Cubical–shaped rods of pectin–hydroxyapatite composite for adsorption studies of fluoride by statistical method and adsorption experiments. ACS Omega, 2018, 3, pp. 9675–9688. (IF=2.87)
- Sapna Raghav, Sapna, and Dinesh Kumar, Biopolymer scaffold of pectin and alginate for the application of health hazardous fluoride removal studies by equilibrium adsorption, kinetics and thermodynamics. Journal of Molecular Liquids, 2019, 284, 203–214. (IF=4.561)
- Sapna Raghav, Sapna, and Dinesh Kumar, Adsorptive removal studies of fluoride in aqueous system by bimetallic oxide incorporated in cellulose, Process Safety, and Environmental Protection, 2019, 127, 211–225. (IF=4.384)
- Ankita Dhillon, Sapna and Dinesh Kumar, Dual adsorption behaviour of fluoride from drinking water on Ca–Zn (OH)2CO3 adsorbent. Surfaces and Interfaces, 2017, 6, pp 154–161. (IF=3.724)
- Ankita Dhillon, Sapna, Banwari Lal Choudhary, Dinesh Kumar, and Surender Prasad, Excellent disinfection and fluoride removal using bifunctional nanocomposite. Chemical Engineering Journal, 2018, 337, pp 193–200. (IF=10.652)
Book Chapters: (17)
- Sapna and Dinesh Kumar, Role of new generation technology to remediate environmental pollution, “Nanocomposites for Pollution Control. (Eds.) Mustansar Hussain, C., and Kumar Mishra, A. New York: Jenny Stanford Publishing, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1201/b22390, ISBN: 9781315143682, pp– 1–40, 2018.
- Sapna and Dinesh Kumar, Biodegradable polymer based nanoadsorbents for environment remediation, “New Polymer Nanocomposites for Environmental Remediation” (Eds.) Mustansar Hussain, C., and Kumar Mishra, A. Elsevier, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/B978–0–12–811033–1.00012–3, ISBN: 978–0–12–811033–1, pp– 261–278, 2018.
- Sapna and Dinesh Kumar, Carbon nanomaterials-based nanocomposite as emerging field for pollution control, “Nanotechnology in Environmental Science” (Eds.) Mustansar Hussain, C., and Kumar Mishra, A. Wiley–VCH Publisher, USA, https://doi.org/10.1002/9783527808854.ch5, ISBN: 9783527808854, pp– 125–152, 2018.
- Sapna, Rekha Sharma and Dinesh Kumar, Nanomaterials as an Emerging Opportunity to Procure safe drinking water using bio–polymeric materials, “Biopolymers: Structure, Performance and Applications” (Eds.) Mustansar Hussain, C., and Kumar Mishra, A. NOVA Science Publishers, ISBN: 978–3–319–68708–7 DOI.org/10.1007/978–3–319 pp–67–94, 2018.
- Sapna, Rekha Sharma and Dinesh Kumar, Chitosan based membranes for wastewater desalination and heavy metal detoxification. "Nanoscale Materials in Water Purification" (Eds.) Thomas, S., Pasquini, D., Leu, S. Y., and Gopakumar, D. A. Elsevier, ISBN: 978-0-12-813926-4 00037–9, DOI.org/10.1016/B978–0–12–813926–4. pp–799–814, 2019.
- Rekha Sharma, Sapna, Ankita Dhillon and Dinesh Kumar, Biosorbents from Agricultural By–products: Updates After 2000s, “In Bio & Nanosorbent from Natural Resources” (Eds.) Bhardwaj Mishra S., and Kumar Mishra, A, Springer, Cham. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978–3–319–68708–7–1, ISBN: 978–3–319–68708–7, pp–1–20, 2018.
- Sapna, Sapna Raghav and Dinesh Kumar, Review Environmental implications of incineration of municipal solid waste and ash disposal, “The rising environmental and human health impacts of plastic pollution” (Eds.) Wani K. A., Ariana, L., and Zuber S. M., IGI global, DOI: 10.4018/978-1-5225-9452-9.ch004, ISBN13: 9781522594529, pp– 59-79, 2020.
- Parul Khurana, Sheenam Thatai, Sapna and Dinesh Kumar, Destruction of recalcitrant nanomaterials contaminants in industrial wastewater, “Emerging and Nanomaterial Contaminants in Wastewater Advanced Treatment Technologies” (Eds.) Kumar Mishra, A., Anawar, Hossain M. D., and Drouiche N., Elsevier, Doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-814673-6.00006-1, ISBN: 978-0-12-814673-6, pp–137-158, 2019.
- Mitta Dutta, Sapna and Dinesh Kumar, Green Synthesis and Applications of Carbon–Based Nanocomposites, “Green Nanocomposites: Advances and Applications in Environmentally Friendly Carbon Nanomaterials” (Eds.) Kumar Mishra, A., and Pathania, D, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, ISBN-10: 6200456275 ISBN-13: 978-6200456274, 17 December 2019
- Sapna Nehra Rekha Sharma and Dinesh Kumar, Removal of air pollutants using graphene nanocomposites, “Environmental Remediation through Carbon Based Nano Composites” (Eds.) Akil Ahmad Ed, Springer Nature, ISBN: 978-981-15-6699-8, (Eds.) Jawaid M. J., Ahmad A. Ismail N., and Rafatullah Md. DOI:10.1007/978-981-15-6699-8, pp-XIII, 698, 2021.
- Rekha Sharma, Sapna and Dinesh Kumar, Environmental monitoring by removing air pollutants using nanocomposites materials, “Environmental Remediation through Carbon-Based Nano Composites”, (Eds.) Ahmad, A., Jawaid, Md., Rafatullah, Md., and Ismail N., Springer Nature, in series Green Energy and Technology, 2020, ISBN: 9789811566981
- Sapna Nehra, Rekha Sharma and Dinesh kumar, Heavy-metals chemistry in soils in “Applied Soil Chemistry”. Wiley-Scrivener Publisher, ISBN: 9781119710189.
- Rekha Sharma, Sapna Nehra, Kritika S. Sharma and Dinesh Kumar, NASICON electrodes for sodium-ion batteries, " Sodium-ion Batteries: Materials and Applications" Materials Research Forums LLC, USA, 76, 1-30, 2020 DOI: 10.21741/9781644900833-1.
- Rekha Sharma, Sapna Nehra, and Dinesh Kumar, New generation materials for the adsorption of toxic metal ion from drinking water, “Drinking Water: Quality Control, Distribution Systems and Treatment” NOVA Science Publishers, 2020, ISBN: 978-1-53618-071-8.
- Rekha Sharma, Sapna Nehra and Dinesh kumar, N2 fixation in biofertilizers in “Biofertilizers: Study and Impact”. Wiley-Scrivener Publisher, ISBN: 9781119724674
- Rekha Sharma, Sapna and Dinesh Kumar, Ti-based materials for K-ion batteries, “Potassium-ion Batteries: Materials and Applications”, (Eds.) Dr. Inamuddin, Wiley-Scrivener, doi.org/10.1002/9781119663287.ch14, ISBN: 9781119663287, pp- 357, 2020.
- Rekha Sharma, Sapna and Dinesh Kumar, Application and future development of biorefinery for production of paints and coatings, Biorefinery Production Technologies for Chemicals and Energy”, Scrivener Publishing LLC, USA, 2020, ISBN: 9781119591429.
Paper Presented in Symposium and Conferences (15)
- Paper presentation on Trimetallic Oxide Entrapped in Alginate Polymeric Matrix Employed for Adsorption Studies of Fluoride, National conference on new frontier of research and education in chemical sciences (2018) held at Regional Institute of Education Ajmer, Rajasthan.
- Poster presentation on removal of fluoride, National Conference on Recent Advances in Basic Science research (NCRABSR –2018) held at Banasthali Vidyapith, Rajasthan.
- Poster presentation on removal of fluoride, National Seminar on Water quality management and its preservation (July 2018) held at Banasthali Vidyapith, Rajasthan.
- Paper presentation on Cubical–Shaped Rods of Pectin−Hydroxyapatite Composite for Adsorption Studies of Fluoride by Statistical Method and Adsorption Experiment, International conference on sustainable development (2018) held at Biyani Girls College
- Participated in Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) (2018) held at Banasthali Vidyapith, Rajasthan.
- Poster presentation on Dual Adsorption Behaviour of Fluoride from Drinking Water on Ca–Zn(OH)2CO3 Adsorbent, Environmental Sustainability in Wastewater Remediation: Current Status and Future Prospects (2017) held at Department of Chemistry, Sri Venkateswara College, Delhi.
- Paper presentation on Defluoridation from aqueous system by using trimetallic Fe–La–Ce composite adsorbent, National Conference on “Ground Water Quality, Water Conservation, Management and Technology” (NCGWCMT–2017), held at Govt. R. R. (PG) Autonomous College, Alwar, Rajasthan
- Poster presentation on removal of fluoride, in Workshop Cum Awareness Programme on Water Remediation Technologies, (2017) held at Department of Chemistry, Banasthali Vidyapith, Rajasthan
- Paper presentation on Fluoride Removal performance of Ce–La composite adsorbent from drinking water, National seminar on Innovative Green Technology for Sustainable Sanitation, Health and Environment (IGTSHE–2016), held at Poornima College of Engineering, Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- Paper presentation on Fluoride removal performance of Fe–Ca–Zr composite adsorbent from drinking water, International Seminar on Recent Trends in Chemical Sciences: Global Prospective Progress (2016) held at Shri Govind Guru Government College Banswara, Rajasthan.
- Paper presentation on Development of Fe–Ce–Ni oxide nanoporous adsorbent for fluoride removal from drinking water, National Conference on Sustainable Chemical and Material Science (SCMS 2016) held at S.S. Jain Subodh P.G. (Autonomous) College, Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- Poster presentation on Development of cubical ceria nanoadsorbent for the removal of fluoride in aqueous systems, International conference (2016) held at Biyani Girls College Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- Poster presentation on Adsorptive removal of fluoride from aqueous system by using Ce–Fe oxides, National seminar on instrumentation and characterization techniques (NSICT–2016) held at School of Physical Sciences Banasthali Vidyapith, Rajasthan.
- Poster presentation on removal of fluoride, in Workshop Cum Awareness Programme on Water Remediation Technologies, (2016) held at Department of Chemistry, Banasthali Vidyapith, Rajasthan.
Participated in Sensitization Workshop on Technological Empowerment of Women organized by The National Academy of Sciences, India (NASI) (2016) held at Banasthali Vidyapith, Rajasthan.